Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Day of Rest(ish)

Today I had breakfast with my family, went home to play with my dog, and had friends over for a couple of hours. I feel like a much more mentally healthy person than I did yesterday. I did not spend my day walking in circles in my apartment or curled up in the same spot on the couch. (I'm going to have to vary my studying location; the seat I sit in on my couch is clearly more sat in than any of the other seats. Maybe I'll try studying at the newly renovated main library. I hear the scenery is pretty fantastic. Better to get to it now before the undergraduates get here.) I'm comforted by the fact that each homework assignment becomes a shade easier than the assignment before it, although I'm relatively certain I don't understand any of it.

I'm starting to get used to living directly above such a busy street. I don't have much objection to the drunk people loudly meandering down the sidewalk, the nightly live music, or the ambulance pathway I'm living above. I can sleep through all of it. It only irritates me a little that all of the first floor spaces on the parking garage are marked for "green" cars (defined as cars that get 40 miles per gallon or better). I think this may discriminate against economically disadvantaged people, primarily minorities. I park next to the elevator anyway, so I'll leave that battle for someone else.

I put in a mere three and a half hours of studying for civil procedure tonight, and managed to complete my first day reading assignments for the class. I'm taking a little me time, then I'm going to bed early so I can drink my diurnal half-pot of coffee, eat a biscotti, and possibly scramble an egg. A good breakfast is essential for starting any day, especially one where you're like to spend a large part of it completely confused. (Okay, so I made that last part up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment