Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sleep? Who needs sleep!

I realize I haven't written very much and I'm sorry. I've begun to wonder when other law students find time for things like, oh, let's say, sleep. I haven't actually given up sleep, I just feel like I need more than I used to and am winding up with less. I wake up, go to class, come home, read, and if I can fit it in I get out of my apartment whenever possible. I feel like I should probably study more, but if I did I'm not sure I'd retain any sanity. All of this makes me miss my job a great deal.


I have reading for another class tonight, but am no longer able to read words as sentences, so I'm giving it a bit of a rest. You know you need a break when you read a sentence five times and are still not sure if it was even English.


Despite being tired, law school is going well, (I think). I need to go back through and work on coherently outlining my schoolwork thus far, but I run into problems with time. It's not that there aren't enough hours in the day, just that I can't function at full capacity for enough of them. I'm going to have to cook this weekend. I wish I could see my family more. I wish I could see my boyfriend more. What's difficult about law school isn't really what you learn in class; what's hard about law school is allocating your time.


I think I'm starting to get things though. At first I thought I was so exhausted I could no longer remember what I'd learned in which class, but now it's running together in a much clearer way. I'm starting to see why one subject matters to another subject. This makes the entire day much more interesting.

Fall break starts soon and I'm hoping a week off will help me reset my brain and body and refresh me enough to finish the semester well. Some of my classmates plan to use this time for more studying and sleeping. I, however, am going to Disney World! Mickey Mouse, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment