Friday, September 4, 2009

Hang On Sloopy

Roughly ten minutes ago THIS pulled up beneath my apartment blaring the Alma Mater. The picture doesn't really do the scene justice since I took it with my cell phone, but needless to say, football season is upon us. It's my first game weekend living on campus and I'm excited! It is highly plausible that I will not get to sleep for the next two nights due to the perpetual party going on below (or for any Friday and Saturday going forward until December), but oh well, all for the Buckeyes!! I'm looking forward to nights of "Hang On Sloopy" instead of "Wasting Away in Margaritaville". (A cover band plays nearly every night across the street. That cover band, no matter who it happens to be that night ALWAYS covers, "Wasting Away in Margaritaville" and normally covers, "Champagne Supernova". I have no idea why they pick these two songs. I'm not actually sure that they have any of their own music. I can sleep through all of it, but it plays in my dreams as background music. Do you have ANY idea what it's like to dream of cover band songs EVERY night??? Just imagine "Wasting Away in Margaritaville" on repeat as the soundtrack of your life. Yeah - I told you, it gets old. Hang on Sloopy here I come!)



No comments:

Post a Comment