Monday, September 14, 2009

Back for an update!

I have been TERRIBLE about updating recently, so I'm going to give you the spark notes version of the last week-ish.

1. Legal Research may be the most boring class in the existence of classes. I would describe it, but it's too early in my post to put you to sleep. We have assignments due for this class each week, which I hate doing.

2. Law school is actually, not exceptionally difficult. The "hard" part is staying on top of things. Law school is like being stuck in a boat with a hole in the bottom in the middle of a lake with a bucket and minimal means to fix the hole. As a law student, your first job is not to sink. Your second job is to fix the hole. It is not incredibly difficult to bail water out, but you must never stop or you will have more water to bail out more quickly than you would have had you just kept a steady pace. It is exhausting and continuous, but it is not as mentally strenuous as you might think.

3. By week four of law school I am looking for ways to keep afloat and have a social life simultaneously. Sometimes I wonder if I'm maintaining a proper balance. Occasionally I find this stressful, but most of the time I just keep going and hope for the best.

4. I fell asleep in the middle of reading Thursday night. That was discouraging.

5. It turns out my stress manifests itself in strange ways. Saturday before the USC game (which I don't want to talk about) I felt stressed about the amount of work I wanted to get done. In an overwhelming compulsion to do something with a tangible result, I made Snickerdoodles. I felt good that I'd accomplished something, however it turns out cookies do not help my studying much.

6. This Monday was completely fine other than feeling a little under the weather. I'm no longer deathly afraid of being called on in class on Mondays. No tightrope walk today, just a stroll through the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment