Saturday, October 10, 2009

"There is no try"

Vacation is over, back to reality, back to studying.

Law school is a gigantic to do list with ambiguous deadlines.

If you wonder what happened to me over the next couple of months, I'll be buried under a pile of case books. You can try to dig me out if you want, but I warn you, those books are HEAVY.

I take comfort in the fact that when I catch fragments of the med school students conversations on the street I think I'm probably retaining more sanity than they are. I estimate that the glass is at least half full, but quite likely more.

Being graded on a curve is a little stressful. What counts is not just how much you know, but how much everyone else knows in comparison to you. That's real though - that's life. Knowing more gets you more.

The best you can do is try I suppose, right?

In the words of Yoda, "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

No comments:

Post a Comment