Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hug v Kiss, a Civil Action

Tomorrow we have a practice Contracts exam. Thank God it's a practice exam, because I am so lost I don't even know what I don't know. Contracts law is like a barren gray landscape - everything looks the same. We throw words around in class and I think, "yeah, of course", but I just don't see how any of it is different from what we went over the day before. I try to do the practice problems and get frustrated that the questions aren't succinct and lose myself. I get frustrated and give up. I haven't totally given up. I wouldn't still be so frustrated if I'd actually given up.

I'm exceptionally excited about finishing our chapter on rape in Criminal Law. I don't mean that I'm excited about another day of class talking about it so much as being finished with it. It's not so much the class discussion as the requirement that I think about it.

I don't know which I hate more, Contracts or Torts. I'm thinking I hate Contracts as a subject more and Torts as a class more. On a positive note, I would go to Criminal Law class even if it started at 7:50 instead of 8:50, and would probably do so just because I like it. When I'm awake enough by the time I reach Civil Procedure I enjoy that class too. Learning the rules for Civil Procedure is a little like learning all the rules for football - I may never totally get it, but it's fun trying.

Yeah, yeah - go right ahead and make some joke about me being a girl and not understanding and appreciating sports enough, but I tell you this, when I look at a drawn out play all I see are a bunch of X's and O's. You see a game play, I see hugs and kisses.

XOXO - goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment